Thursday, November 24, 2011

day 3

Message #1: Hi, I'm Kasey. Found your phone at the laundromat and this was listed as "cell 2" in your contacts. Figured I should send you a text to see if I could return it to is rightful owner. Hope you get back to me! :-)
Message #2: Hi, thanks so much for doing this! Yes, that was my phone and I would be completely lost without it. Hope I can repay your kindness somehow. Where do you want to meet so I can get it back and maybe buy you a cup of coffee?
Message #3: It's weird that your reply was sweet but I didn't get your name. I can't trust a person who won't trust me with their name. Guess I'm keeping this awesome phone to myself!
Message #4:My bad. Anthony. My friends call me John. Don't ask my why, it's an old inside joke. Trust me a little more now?
Message #5: Not yet. I need to know a little more about yourself. And who the hell has two first names? You have some explaining to do, mister!
Message #6: Look who's talking, Miss "I got a stranger's phone and I won't return it unless I make sure he's worthwhile"! Well, I won't share the story about how I got the nickname because it's very personal and kinda embarassing. So, how about that coffee?
Message #7: I'm all for the embarassing. When I was 8, during a field trip to the pumpkin patch I saw a mouse and just freaked out and wouldn't stop crying until my teacher took me to the bus. Now that I'm sharing, I'm an art student by heart, but a lawyer by trade. Just moved to town 2 months ago. I like cold days, dogs, wine and coffee makes me move. What about you?
Message #8: Didn't your mom tell you that it's very rude to answer a question with another question? And thanks for sharing, by the way. I'm not that interesting. I work in retail, down by Lake Ave. That's just a fancy way of saying that I sell rich women the clothes they'll wear once and toss aside. I love dogs, wine and to make this the cheesiest of answers, long walks on the beach.
Message #9: Uhm, does that mean you get a discount in clothes? You suddenly became extremely interesting! How about that coffee? ;-)
Message #10: Ha, very funny. That was all you got from that text? You know what, you can keep that phone. I knew I was nothing but a toy to you from the start. Oh, the horror!
Message #11: But baby, it was always more than just clothes and coffee for me! You know that! ;-) But still...where do we meet?
Message #12: there's a coffee place two blocks away from the laundromat. Wanna meet there? Tomorrow around 2 pm? And how come you're an art student and lawyer? How does that work?
Message #13: family choice. Dad wanted a lawyer in the family, but my brother decided to be a musician instead and became the black sheep. Since we couldn't have two black sheeps in the same flock, I took the "easy" way out. But art is what I love. Shh, don't tell my dad. And 2 pm would be great.
Message #14: I know what you mean. I left home when I was 15 because I couldn't stand the pressure to become a doctor. Now I share an apartment with 5 other people and work a minimum wage job. Dad would be proud :-/
Message #15: But I'm sure your passion isn't selling clothes to rich women. What moves you?
Message #16: Getting my phone back is a big incentive to move!
Message #17: I honestly want to know. What pushes you forward?
Message #18: I just realized that I'm paying for all these messages myself cause they're both coming from phones I OWN! Oh god...
Message #19: Nice way to avoid the question. I'll have someone deliver the phone to you tomorrow.
Message #20: Sorry, didn't mean to sound rude. I do have a passion but it's kinda lame, that's why I don't usually share it. Would you mind coming in yourself tomorrow and we'll talk a little?
Message #21: Only if you tell me what you really want to do.
Message #22: here it goes:I bake cakes. Big, rich, creamy, wedding-style cakes.
Message #23: What a relief! For a while there I thought you would say something like pornography or drugs. Cake is not so bad! Phew...
Message #24: "cake is not so bad". Don't know if that's a compliment or not, but thanks, I guess. So yeah, the secret's out. Can we wrap this up?
Message #25: Not so fast. You didn't explain John.
Message #26: You didn't explain art student.
Message #27: I guess we should meet and clarify these topics.
Message #28: So we shall. Just for that. Oh, And please bring the phone.
Message #29: I almost forgot:-)
Message #30: Guess that would be another reason to meet some other day. Come to think of it, you should forget to bring the phone.
Message #31: I do have a terrible memory.
Message #32: Perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment