-you should come see this, she said, kneeling on the rough patch of grass outside her house.
- I stumbled towards her, clumsy as only a 12 year old can be.
- -what did you find?, said I, trying my best not to show that I was shivering out of excitement just by being around her.
- -It's a four leaf clover, she said, while astonishment glimmered in her eyes.
- I took one quick glance at it but got distracted by the way her hair moved in the soft spring breeze
- -I'm gonna go tell my dad about it, maybe we can take a picture!, she said, and ran off inside the house.
- She left me standing there, looking directly at that thing, that green fluke, that somehow was supposed to be magical.
- And I knew that they meant good luck. Somewhere in my 12 year old, luck translated into a wish, so I knelt beside that clover, ripped it out of the ground and ate it.she came back holding an old plastic camera, with antecipation in her eyes
- -Where is it?
- Me, not looking directly at her, still with some dirt in the corner of my mouth, kneeling on the ground, said: - I wish you would kiss me.
- The anticipation turned into understanding once she realized what had happened. Without saying a word, she turned around and went into her mom's gardening shed.
- She came back with a small shovel, a rake and a bag of seeds and put them in front of me.
- -Grow me another four leaf clover and I'll give you your kissAnd that was the day I planted my first kiss.
No comments:
Post a Comment