Saturday, December 3, 2011

Day 12



He lit a cigarette and walked towards me, moving effortlessly through the crowd.
-Hey. - he said, with a smug smile that drove me insane every time I saw him.
-Hi. - I replied, trying to look as cool as I could, under the circumstances.
-I would offer you one, but I know you don't smoke. - and took another long breath and let the smoke come out of his mouth, breathing in through the nose again and blowing it up to the air.
-Yeah, thanks. So, what's the deal with this line? - I said, trying to create some sort of coherent speech, which was an incredible ordeal, considering those rebel greenish eyes staring straight at my soul. Oh God, he could see right through me.
-I guess we're pretty popular. - again, with that smile. This time he turned around to check out the line and screamed his band name to the people in line. Everyone cheered. He knew how to work them.
-So, you said you were coming with some friends. Where are they?
I was wondering if he could see me shivering under my dress and how much I would love to have him ask me in with him, but I wouldn't seem that desperate.
-They couldn't make it. - I lied. They hated his band and specially him. Tara, my best friend, often said that he was, and I quote, "the douche of douches". I just think she doesn't know him that well.
-Well, glad to see we don't really need them, right? - and gestured towards the ever expanding line.
-I guess… - and smiled, trying to lean a little bit closer to the door to get away from the cold.
He threw his cigarette butt on the ground, crushed it with his steel-point boots and said "well, see ya inside" without even looking back.
I waved and stood there, obviously blind to the fact that he really didn't care that I was there.
But I knew he liked me. He just didn't know it yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment